Working with, sharing & remembering the storehouse of dreams that visit us, we stand with wise and humorous dramas that fulfill our lives.
Music and Sound imaginatively yet accurately reveal our visions of deepest longing, inviting our dreams to enrich us every day and every night.
Travis can provide you with one or more of the following:
- E-mail interpretations of your dream(s), plus useful hints about how to use sound and music in connection with dreams
- Individual sessions via online Video (Skype) or by phone, using shamanic, projective and sound healing techniques
- Group work with dreams and other dreamers drawing on sound, projective and shamanic practice
- Workshops, educational presentations and demonstrations on dreams, shamanism and sound
- Public presentations featuring ways to work with dreams asleep and awake and benefit from simple sound healing techniques to support health and wholeness
Here at the Dreaming Well you will be able to find a self-empowering path to living your dreams, listen to your nighttime visions and speak their language. Dreams provide us with detailed maps that open us to our potential for fully embodied states of well-being. The wise source that provides us with our dreams gives us rich experiences while we are asleep or visioning and serves our best individual and group interests.
Examples of dreams that have enriched our collective lives include:
the co-creation of the Google search engine by Larry Page, the invention of the modern sewing machine by Elias Howe and the hatching of a multitude of scientific breakthroughs, like the theory of relativity as manifested by Albert Einstein inspired by a recalled dream from his youth.
Several musical creations have been born in dreams, including Tartini’s “the Devil’s Trill Sonata”. Paul McCartney’s “Yesterday” emerged from a dream and has been recorded by at least two thousand other artists and played upwards of six million times on the radio.
Dreams offer these kinds of wildly creative and supportive energies every night as we go to sleep, witness, participate in, see and remember them.
Honoring dreams through discussion, sound healing and shamanic practices allows us to reap the following rewards:
- Dreams give us an experience of our total selves, and show the way towards health and wholeness through previously unseen, practical messages
- Sound opens us to an emotional felt-sense of vital living energies within, creating awareness and connection with our dreaming selves and the world around us
- Shamanic practices and drumming provide active tools for accessing the creative imagination to support everyday levels of real assistance with work, relationships and recreation
- Work with projections shows us what is true for ourselves and invites taking responsibility for our own lives, maintaining self-empowerment and true success
- Sleep dreams and waking visions reveal information as well as calls to action supporting physical, psychological, spiritual, emotional and vitally helpful paths to well-being
A Little Bit About Projective-style Dream Work & Sound Healing
A projective-style approach to dreams operates on the bedrock of firsthand knowledge that we all imagine or dream-up our own versions of experience. We do so based on our unique thoughts, tendencies, feelings and prior learning. This phenomenon is described as projection. As a conceptual and experiential tool, projection shows us how we each place meaning and value on events, situations and people in uniquely personal and universal fashions. We see meaning and value in the dreams (and also in waking life) based on our imaginings and projections, which often shift, grow and change over time.
Working with dreams in groups and one to one highlights and offers instruction for each of us based on this ubiquitous, all-pervading, human activity. Certain sounds open us to immediate understandings, awareness and feelings that allow enriched being and multi-layered insights with a renewed clarity. This practice provides a touchstone for recognizing how we project in waking life in a wide variety of settings and circumstances. It affords us the chance to increase our knowledge of the energies that influence how we may choose to co-direct our lives.